For many — MANY years (17- ugh!) I have tried any and every way to lose weight. I am the body type who LOVES to hold on to her weight. I never had a weight issue until I started having kids. Include my metabolism slowing to a halt and you create a perfect storm of weight gain upon weight gain!
But, on May 2, 2017 I stumbled upon a YouTube explaining an eating plan called Keto. In that few minute video, the intrigue began. I am a research NUT and so I took notes vigorously. By the following Monday (8th of May) I was ready to get started with this new weird thing called KETO. Here were a few things that I did to get me started within 6 days of first learning about it.
1. Rewrote my messy notes so that I could continue to read them and get them in my brain.
2. Subscribed to more ‘Keto’ focused YouTubers. To continue to learn more, get tips, and find a like minded community.
3. Set up MyFitnessPal and changed the goal settings for my carbs, proteins and fats so they coincided with getting me into a Ketosis state.
4. Pinned as many Keto foods and tips on Pinterest to my new ‘Keto’ board.
5. Made a dinner menu for the week, to keep me on track and help with my grocery list.
6. Went grocery shopping 🛒 to purchase a few things that I would need to do my weeks worth of eating.
Now that we are entering October 2017, I am proud to say that I have lost 35 pounds and am still losing. I had 2 goals. One was to lose my first 30 pounds and I did that. The other was to get under 200 pounds and I did that as well (I had not been under 200for over 6 years). My next goal is another 30 pounds; to which I am trying to reach that goal by spring.
Here are a few pictures of the different meals I have created or made during these 5 months.
Is there an eating plan that you have found that works well with your body type and lifestyle?